Bay to Bay Ace Hardware
The Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Project a positive representation of Bay to Bay Ace Hardware.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
• Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Clear customer checkout lines with superior customer service, quickly and efficiently.
• Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously, and effectively.
• Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
• Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
• Assist in pricing, stocking, marking, and bagging of merchandise.
• Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
• Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
• Adhere to any program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
• Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
• Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
• Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
• Ensure fresh ads are stocked in shopping carts at all times.
• Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
• Assist with decorating the front end according to the Store Support Center program.
• Call for cart pickups when necessary.
• Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S process.
• Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management.
• Assist in the training and development of peers.
• Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards.
• Participate in the processing of new shipments and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized.
• Awareness and appropriate responsiveness of safety issues.
• Conscious of shoplifting activity.
• Aid customers in locating merchandise in-store, online at acehardware.com, as well as processing special orders.
• Answer customers' questions and provide information on procedures and policies.
• Education/Training: high school diploma, or currently enrolled in high school possess vast product knowledge of hardware-related products along with a willingness to learn.
• Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of retail computer systems or the wiliness to learn. MS Word and Excel a plus
• A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
• Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
Participate in monthly associate staff meetings.
Retail cashier experience, customer service experience
Previous experience in a retail environment either in marketing, sales, or back office.
• Lifting (up to 25lbs)
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth.
Part-time (Staff working 30 less then hours per week)
Employee discount (30% off full price items and 10% off sale and discounted items)
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.